At the beginning of each and every year, silly people like myself are suddenly resolute about making resolutions. Though flawed, the sincerity of it all is absolute while the likelihood of success remains incredibly minute. Perhaps everyone will suddenly improve themselves through lists of major and minor changes alike but perhaps not. Given that the new year has hardly begun, I choose to remain optimistic….
…..soooooo optimistic in fact that I am resolving to make 13 resolutions for 2013 a.k.a. the year of health (as dubbed by yours truly). My goal, ahem plan, is to focus on improving all aspects of my personal health. This multifaceted attack of the pathetic me of yesteryear aims to improve my physical, mental, relational, emotional and spiritual health this year. Like A.J. Jacobs, I aim to make changes and reap the rewards. Simply put, I want to be the best version of me possible and I aim to work hard at it. With that in mind, here are my 2013 resolutions (LEGGO!!!)!
- Reduce body mass (Hello 150!)
- Develop and maintain a good routine (easy right?)
- Follow an (daily) exercise plan (Les Mills Combat so far, ??? after)
- Drink a lot more water each and every day (w/ b.f.f. water bottle)
- Drink more red wine (might as well get some health benefits)
- NO FRIED FOOD (chips, chicken, etc)
- NO SODA (save for seltzer water, if you count that)
- NO CANDY (dark chocolate sure, sugary candy no way)
- Blog more regularly (here often, Muscle Museum daily)
- Read for fun, period (grad school is a detriment, shouldn’t be a cease fire)
- Swear less (self explanatory)
- Visit NYC (tis embarrassing to live in Boston and not traverse the jungle)
- Leave the U.S (at least once w/ Canada being merely a back-up option)